I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- "A 55,000-Square-Foot Fun House: The Art of Martin Creed" design-milk.com/55000-square-f… 5 hours ago
- "Intel’s Core M Compute Stick is an actually usable computer with caveats" arstechnica.com/ars-podcast/20… 5 hours ago
- "Photographer sues Getty Images for selling photos she donated to public" arstechnica.com/tech-policy/20… 5 hours ago
- RT @FlipPrior: Hey data nerds! You'll love this: The ABC Gateway API and GovHack. Happy hacking! developers.digital.abc.net.au/2016/07/28/the… 7 hours ago
- "Olympics Committee Says Non-Sponsors Are Banned From Tweeting About the Olympics" gizmodo.com/olympics-commi… 1 day ago