I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- "10 Desks With Storage Space" core77.com/posts/56597/10… 7 hours ago
- RT @morninggloria: Shows with titles that contain the word "peculiar" are made for people who find top hats erotic 14 hours ago
- damn, just realised I'll be in Orange when this NSW unconf is on but y'all should go membership.alia.org.au/events/event/8… 15 hours ago
- RT @paulhagon: Improving accessibility on @Flickr - brilliant stuff (yes vision impaired people do take & look at photos). https://t.co/S7h… 18 hours ago
- RT @perkinsy: Australian Professional Historians discuss #digitalhistory and #histcomm at recent conference wp.me/p12nEl-1BM 19 hours ago