I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- Off to the airport to head to Adelaide. Managing with carry-on only but most of the weight is tech 1 day ago
- "You Have No Idea How Hard It Is to Waterproof NYC’s Subway" citylab.com/cityfixer/2016… 1 day ago
- TIL how to count in ternary en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternary_n… 3 days ago
- RT @RobThomson2528: NSW Library types! Save the Date 8th October: the next Unconference. @ALIASyd @ALIANewGrads @ALIAnls @aliaNSWlibtech ht… 3 days ago
- RT @MSchruers: Twitter appears to have restored account of sports journo/scapeGIF guy, DMCA'd by Intl Olympic Cmte: techdirt.com/articles/20160… 3 days ago