I’m a few days behind and feeling sleepy so I’ll let a meme do the talking for me.
Layer One – Outside
- What’s your preferred name? snail (with a lowercase “s”), though fine that some people prefer to call me Sean
- Do you wear glasses? Yes. Since first class. I have a stigmatism in one eye and the glasses are to keep my eyes balanced. I’m long-sighted in one eye and sort of short-sighted in the other. I can get by without my glasses altogether.
- How would you describe your fashion style? somewhat casual. I mostly wear jeans and sneakers. I prefer tshirts though am picky. For work I have a nice selection of shirts I wear with an open collar. I like variety and colour.
Layer Two – Inside
- What do you fear? Dying in a slow and horrible way eg drowning or burning.
- What is your guilty pleasure? dodgy scifi movies and soppy romance flicks. I also have a weakness for bland, poppy top 40 music.
Layer Three – Thoughts
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? Where’s the snooze button on the alarm. Stayed up too late reading last night, and thought a little sleep in was in order.
- What you think about most? Deep and meaningful…oh look, shiny thing :-) I think I think about just everything except what I need to think about.
Layer Four – Better?
- To be loved or respected? I’ll take both thanks.
- Dogs or cats? Neither. Like both, had cats at home for most of the first half of my life but I’m not good at looking after animals so I don’t have any.
Layer Five – Belief
- Believe in yourself? Some of the time. I also have occasional anxiety about my ability to get things done and no doubt have the occasional bout of imposter syndrome. Yet I know I can get stuff done and can do good stuff.
- Believe in love? Yeah, even when it hurts.
Layer Six – Talents
- Do you play a musical instrument? Nope. Also, I suck at singing. I have been accused of being tone deaf. There may be some truth to that accusation.
- Do you enjoy cooking? Not particularly and it needs to work according to instructions. I can fudge some but find it hard to tell when meat is cooked for example. With that said, I make excellent, restaurant quality mash.
- Are you any good at gardening? I’ve heard of gardens but generally refuse to acknowledge that it is a thing connected with me.
Layer Seven – Favourites
- Favourite animal? Duck, particularly in a slow cooked confit…when the meat is so tender that it can be spooned off the bone. Goes well with a good pinot noir. Very fond of lamb too and kangaroo is probably my third favourite – rich and tender, cooked right it melts on the tongue.
- Favourite movie? So many possibilities including Love Actually, The Great Escape, Blade Runner, The Sound of Music, Four Weddings and a Funeral and there’s likely a bunch of others.
- Favourite book? Horrible question, even worse than movies. I refuse to answer.
Layer Eight – Age
- How old are you? 46 – rapidly approaching 50. Fun times behind, fun times ahead.
- Does age matter? Meh. Irrelevant. Though I think it’s easier to say “irrelevant” now rather than 20 years ago. It may matter again in another 20 years.